Programmable speed controller, customize your own skateboard
Firmware Version：5.1（update on June 29）
VESC BLDC Open-Source Electric Skateboard ESC VESC is an open source, highly modifiable electronic speed controller ESC by Benjamin Vedder. It works fantastic for building your own DIY Electric Skateboard. The VESC allows you to use sensorless motors to achieve smooth start-up from a stop versus traditional RC ESC’s which have trouble starting from a complete stop. You can connect your VESC via Mini USB to your computer and modify VESC settings to fit your needs.
VESC BLDC ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD ESC BENEFITS
- Strong, Reliable and Progressive Electric Brakes.
- Start from a stop with Unsensored/Sensorless Motors as if they are Sensored.
- Many Safety Features such as Current Control and Temperature Control Features.
- Sensored and Unsensored (FOC) Field Oriented Control allows your electric skateboard to run more efficiently with barely any motor noise.
- Built-in High Power Switch
- 5 Min Smart Auto power down
- Regenerative braking charges battery
- Sensored & Sensor-less Motor Control
- Throttle curves and ramps for all input sources
- Separate acceleration and brake throttle curves
VESC BLDC ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD ESC FEATURES
- Regenerative Braking
- Sensored or Sensorless operation
- Great start-up torque with sensorless motors
- Motor Wires = 4mm Bullet Connectors
- Over Voltage protection
- Over Current Protection
- Current and voltage monitoring on all phases
- Field Oriented Control
- Rapid duty cycle changes
- Softback off for over current & over temp
- Advanced configuration suite
- Adjustable Motor & Battery Current Limits
- Low & High Voltage limits
- built-in Switch
- Reverse Capabilities
- Delete many unnecessary parts and ports for drone
- Smaller than similar functional VESC
- Solve the problem of easily burning MOSFETS when instantly braking electric skate
- Aluminium Sheet heatsink
|MOTOR CONNECTORS||4mm bullet connector||5.5mm bullet connector|
|HALL SENSOR||PH2.0MM JST||PH2.0MM JST|
|POWER SWITCH||BUILD-IN||ANTI SPARK SWITCH|
HOW TO CHOOSE THE REMOTE
|LED DISPLAY||NO(NOT FOR NOW)||YES|
|APP TO USE||PPM+UART||UART|
|BLUE TOOTH MODULE||NO OTHER UART PORT FOR BT||ONE UART PORT FOR RECEIVER MODULE, ANOTHER ONE FOR BT|
|THROTTLE CURVE||YES(CUSTOMIZE IN VESC SOFTWARE)||NO(REMOTE CONTROL BUILT-IN PROGRAMMING)|
- if you need a remote with display, choose VX2 PRO remote.
- If you’re a beginner， choose the BLADE remote, It can adjust the curve and has a more friendly starting curve and braking curve.
- if you need a blue tooth module, choose VX2 PRO remote.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- BOUND ESC X-CORE based on VESC 6.0(Receiver integrated) * 1
- Heat Sink Aluminum Case*1
- Remote * 1
- BOUND ESC X-CORE PRO based on VESC 6.0 * 1
- Heat Sink Aluminum Case*1
- Anti spark Switch *1
- Remote * 1(optional)
- Blue Tooth Module *1(optional)
Electronic components have a 60-day warranty. The warranty does not cover defects or malfunction caused by misuse, abuse or improper maintenance.
The VESC is highly susceptible to damage if used incorrectly. It is still and a beta product. We do our best to get you up and running with no problems. Please watch our YouTube Videos on setup.
VESC is currently a BETA product.
By purchasing the VESC without warranty is upon your own RISK. Any errors after testing are your own responsibility. We do not offer any replacements or returns.
We do our best by extensive testing on our end which includes loading the bootloader/firmware, testing BLDC mode, motor detection and testing FOC mode. We run these tests 2-3 times. If we are able to do the following with no issues, the VESC is ready to be shipped.